THE LATEST NEWS & RESOURCES
Smart Moving Tips
- Write everything down! You’ll thank yourself later.
- Before you move you are able to clean out a number of your household items. You may move to a car boot sale or sell to lawn sale you are able to earn some money. Or it can be given by you. It’s possible to move simpler and more economical.
- Start considering the location until you move and begin imagining and you might create sketches for the ideal way to organize your household things. This is going to make moving much simpler.
- Ensure the staples which you use aren’t staples which could scratch the surfaces and floors since you use it to packing.
- To strengthening boxes utilize a lot of packing tapes it will not open in transit and can be opened in location. Purchase a tape rifle so it makes taping more easy.
- In case you’ve got a piano to consider how it is possible to take from the home or your mover may require special gear.
- Assess to fill and load the family things the mover can save yourself the moment.
- If you’re planning to move your self, to hasten the move hire dolly or a trolley that will assist you to move things. Be certain you don’t get hurt.
- It’s quite crucial to educate your children about telephone numbers and the address.
- Before you move to be certain you don’t utilize any like oils or wax on the furniture it’s very likely to get damaged and since they create.
- Unplugging your TV until you move may cause damage as it keeps heat within it. Unplug your TV a day prior to your move.
- If you’re leaving things such as central heating, ac, appliances or systems etc., in case you’ve got their brochures, warranties or some other paperwork be certain that you leave them someplace clear, so the folks moving can find it readily. And make certain that the folks moving in understand any alert codes. This is likely to make their move simpler for them.
- If your house has an alarm program request the code until you move!
- Try to sleep before your moving day you feel refreshing and you may package last your minute’s packing.
Moving Packing Tips
- Be certain you feel in the start until the end of the packing since it starts being enjoyable but can become boring. Plan to package all of the household things before the deadline that’s your moving date.
- Pack the family things so that it will not get hurt whilst moving, and be certain to fill boxes using a mixture of light and heavyweight items.
- Be certain you don’t have a lot to package at the moving date. In the event that you do not get everything but do not beat yourself up.
- Simply stuff them if you pack a number of your objects. Ensure that you request your movers transfer these packaged things or merely to take care of yourself.
- While packing the pc does not utilize memory’peanuts’ since they cause damage and could create electricity.
- Do not use the paper as the printing will come off to wrap delicate things and until you are able to set it away, you are going to need to wash everything. chances are you’ll be washing them by 20, newsprint does come off. If you do not need to purchase wrapping materials save publications for a couple of weeks beforehand.
- Do not use paper to wrap lampshades about – odds are you will not have the ability to acquire off the newsprint! Get one of your elimination guys until you depart to perform a final your home with you. A new pair of eyes can often spot.
- The area people forget things is behind the bedroom doors like material or clothing. Don’t forget to check them too.
- For items compose OPEN FIRST about the boxes and don’t MOVE about the boxes you are planning to take with you!
We recommend that you start planning your move at least four weeks in advance to avoid any last minute problems. This will provide you with plenty of time to complete your move in the most convenient way. Here is the list of things that you should check when you are planning your move.
4 weeks prior to the moving date
- Create a diary to keep track of all your estimates, receipts, and other information.
- Research and shortlist a good moving company that meets your requirements.
- Make a list of your household items and start removing waste.
- Separate out the items which you can sell or donate to charity.
- Get your health checked up and find good doctors in your new locality.
- Notify your friends, business partners, relatives, children’s school etc. about your move.
- Notify your subscriptions, banks, bills etc. about your address change.
- File a change of address request in UK Postal Services.
3 weeks prior to the moving date
- Order packing supplies, boxes, tapes etc. and schedule delivery.
- Sketch out a floor plan for your new home.
- Check with your insurance policy to see what is covered in regard to moving.
- Decide the items which you will be packing yourself.
- Make arrangements for your plants and pets.
- Schedule the disconnection and the connection of your utility services like Cable, Internet, Telephone, Water etc.
- Secure your important documents, birth certificates, passports, financial documents, legal documents etc.
2 weeks prior to the moving date
- Make plans to have your gas tank half full.
- Service your car if you will be driving a long distance.
- Be sure that you have an ample supply of need medications.
- Return any borrowed items like books, DVDs etc.
- Discontinue the services like trash pickup, newspaper delivery etc.
- Schedule the sell off of items that you wont be carrying with you.
- If you are shipping a car, remove the fluids like oil and antifreeze.
1 week prior to the moving date
- Prepare your method of payment for the end of your move.
- Pack the suitcase with clothing and personal items.
- Make a bag of necessary items like wallet, phone, phone chargers, laptops, towels, water, first aid kit, toilet paper, list of contacts etc.
- Make child care and pet care arrangements for the moving day.
- Drain out fuel from gas-powered equipment.
1 day prior to the moving date
- Make sure that utilities are connected in your new home, if possible.
- Defrost and clean your refrigerator and keep the doors open.
- Make arrangements for disposing off any remaining trash.
- Take out the cash to cover your travel expenses.
- Check every room to ensure that everything is ready.
- Pack a box of items that you will need as soon as you reach your new home.
- Ensure that you are at your home when the movers arrive.
- Take a close look at your house and ensure that nothing is overlooked.
- Lock all the doors and windows.
- Ensure that you turn off all switches.
- Make sure that your phone number and new address are correct with the packing company.
- Leave a note with your new contact information so that new residents in your old house can forward anything that you left behind.
- Make sure somebody is at your new home to receive the delivery of your items.
- Get things unloaded and kept on the right places.
- Schedule a date to pick up the empty boxes when you have unpacked everything.
- Pay all the dues to the driver.
Your Moving Checklist
Boxes, Tape & Bubble Wrap
Safety Gloves & Safety Boots
Roadmap A to Z
Parking Permits For New Home
Empty Old Trash Cans
Update Licenses & Documentation
For any questions, queries or suggestions please feel free to call us at +44 800 368 9535.
DON’T CALL US, WE’LL CALL YOU
Request a Callback
Fill in the form below to request a callback to discuss your move.